Friday, March 11, 2016

Katharine Lara Mrs. Twenge Period 4/5 Childhood Memory It was like around 12:00 in the afternoon when we finished eating our lunch. I was like around 8 years old. My Mom had decided to take me to the Santa Barbra County Fair to have lots of fun with her just mom and daughter bonding. My mom really wanted to do this for a long time she just hadn't had the time for it. So she decided today is the day for Mom and daughter bonding. When I first stepped inside the fair grounds I can see a lot of people with popcorn pizza and drinks. I saw a little kid with this glow in the dark toy that I thought was very cool back then. I saw a group of animals in a cage. They were so adorable that I really wanted to keep one all to myself. My Mom thought that it may be a good idea to pet the animals and to feed them with food and water so I did. It smelled really nasty like as if I was in a barn. I felt sick once I stopped feeding the animals. The next thing that me and my mom did at the fair was that we played those games that they had on the tents. My Mom had won me every time we played but what ever she had won she would always give it to me. She had won a goldfish, stuffed animal, and a stuffed panda. I was so happy when my Mom had gotten me all those things. It was like 5:00pm and my mom really wanted a hot dog with a soda. She had asked if I wanted anything at all but I said ''no'' because I wasn't that hungry. She told me “Katharine I'll be right back don't move from this spot okay. It will be very quick I promise”. So I sat there thinking “where would I want to go next”? I saw this ride that I really wanted to go to so bad that I couldn't even wait to go on it so I decided to go all by myself and not wait for my Mom to get back from buying what she wanted to buy. When I finished with the ride that I went on I came back to the same spot where my mom had gotten her food and she wasn't there I had thought about what she had first told me before coming here. She said “Katharine if you ever get lost go to a police officer and tell them that you got lost”. So I went to a police officer and told them that I couldn't find my mom. So then he said”okay let's go find her”. So then I went inside this really dark room when suddenly I saw my Mom. My Mom had tears in her eyes like as if she had just seen a scary movie. Suddenly my Mom had given me a huge hug crying and said “Why did you leave when I specifically told you not to honey.” I responded “because Mom I really wanted to go to this cool ride I just seen so I did”. She just laughed and said “don't do that ever again honey alright” and I responded okay mom this will NEVER happen again. So then we left and thanked the officers for there help and we left safe and sound. swag

1 comment: